Websites that are well-designed and allow anyone to enjoy their material have good accessibility. There are a number of approaches and practices that can assist in making website content more accessible including:
- Ensure that photos have alternate text, commonly known as “alt” text.
- Ensure that all website functions can be accessed just using the keyboard
- Providing connections with descriptive information
- Ensure there is enough contrast between the background and the text
- Providing video captions and transcripts
- Providing podcast transcripts
During a website redesign, we will look at how we can make your website more accessible to ensure it provides a good user experience for everyone.