Setting up an AdWords campaign is quite complicated if you are doing it well, and involves a good knowledge of the platform. It’s not just clicking a few buttons. Setting up a new campaign involves the following, and more :
- Understanding your advertising objectives
- Understanding your products and profitability of them
- Deciding which campaign types are most appropriate
- Keyword research
- Creating the correct campaign structure to drive down costs
- Your campaign ideas may result in several AdWords campaigns being created to be more effective
- Creating many ‘ad extensions’ to make your adverts more compelling
- Writing copy for many different adverts
(It’s not uncommon for a ‘simple’ campaign to have 100’s of ad variations if done well)
- Creating or providing input to several different banner adverts (if using display)
- Setting up conversion tracking within Google Analytics
(this can be simple, but can also be very time consuming)
- Minor modifications to your website to allow conversion tracking
…and lots more.
This takes a lot of time, but ultimately it means your money will go further, and you’ll get better returns. Competently set up campaigns will definitely save you money, and potentially lots of it.